With all the expenses you allot on running a business, it makes sense to save money whenever you can. While commercial insurance premiums are a necessity for entrepreneurs, it can be a significant expense for a small business owner.
Here are three smart strategies you can take to help lower your insurance premiums.
Review Your Coverage
Check if is it time to lower the amount of coverage you have. Your commercial insurance needs may have changed over time - you may either be under-insured or overpaying coverage you don't need at present.
- Get Multiple Quotes - You can cut insurance costs by simply requesting quotes from several different insurance companies. Competition in the marketplaces means that agents or companies are also in competition for your money. Use this to your advantage and secure a deal with the lowest price possible for your insurance needs
- Raise Your Deductible- A deductible is a number of replacement costs you pay out-of-pocket before the insurance company pays for the rest. Although it comes with risks, raising your deductible will help reduce your commercial insurance premiums.
Trim Unnecessary Coverage
Ask yourself what insurance policies your business needs. Spend some time to review each policy's coverage terms and check for duplication of benefits with your current insurance policies. If there is an overlap, you can cut the unnecessary coverage.
Look for Deals
You can lower your total cost of insurance if you obtain special deals offered by your agent or insurance company. Consider some of the ways you could save:
- Ask for Better Rates - If you purchase several insurance coverages all from the same insurer, you may qualify for a better rate.
- Package Deals - If you need multiple forms of coverage, consider purchasing a Business Owner Policy (BOP) rather than individual policies. This package deals include many of the insurances that your business needs which may or may not be customizable depending on the company.
- Check for Discounts - Make sure to ask for discounts and how you can get them. For example, you may be able to lower your liability insurance if you install safety improvements on your property.
Whatever kind of policy you choose, make sure that it still provides all the coverage your business needs. It is recommended that you plan and consider all your options before you purchase commercial insurance to make sure you are guarding your business and reduce what you pay to protect it.
At Sameday Insurance Services, we do our best in making sure that our clients are well-protected with affordable and comprehensive policies. We make sure to go the extra mile to help you with your needs. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (888) 750-9775